Construction and Engineering
We offer coverage addressing the risk and exposures faced in construction and engineering.
Our underwriters have established a reputation as trusted experts for insuring large projects around the world.
Since 2002, we have provided a diverse range of products which covers the Middle East, North Africa, the wider Afro-Asian region and the UK by a team of leading underwriters in London, Dubai and Casablanca.
Our extensive client list includes property developers, civil engineers and infrastructure owners. Coverages include construction all risks, erection all risks and business interruption on a proportional and non-proportional basis for insurance and reinsurance placements.
Our underwriting strength is backed up by a quick and efficient claims procedure that ensures the delivery of high levels of service to clients and brokers.
IGI has a lead capability with a PML line of
USD 35 million for any one risk.
Worldwide, excluding USA and Canada
Main classes include but not limited to:
- Construction All Risks (CAR)
- Erection All Risks (EAR)
- Civil Engineering Completed Risks (CECR)
- Contractors' Plant and Equipment (CPE/CPM)
- Machinery Breakdown and Business Interruption (MB/BI)
- Electronic Equipment Insurance (EEI)
- Delay in Start-Up (DSU)/Advance Loss of Profits (ALOP)
- Primary Third-Party Liability (TPL)
- Existing/Retained Structures